New Retail RFID Tags Series
In the retail industry, from purchasing, storage, packaging, loading and unloading, transportation, distribution, sales to service, the entire supply chain is all linked with one another. Enterprises must accurately grasp the flow and changes of the entire business, logistics, information, and capital flow in real-time. RFID technology in retail, retail RFID tags can effectively provide data input/output for the retail industry and reduces the error rate. The benefits of the retail industry that focused on logistics and inventory management are considerable.
What can retailers use RFID for?
- Asset Theft detection and prevention: RFID movement tracking can be paired with sales data and video data to determine if items left the store in larger quantities than were purchased at that specific time.
- Security: It can do well in security management for Access control and prevention of theft
- Stock Management: Retail RFID tags can ensure that products are always insufficient supply to meet consumer demand.
- Payments and checkouts: Retailers can use RFID to shorten queues and speed up the checkout process.
- Improvement in overall accuracy: RFID tags can transform in retail stores inventory accuracy to upwards of 98%, approaching that of warehouses data.
- Retail stores operations: Instantaneous and continuous monitoring of item movement.
- In-Store Experience: Tracking a customer’s journey through a store can provide valuable wayfinding and retail design data.
- Fitting Room: The smart mirror with RFID reader in fitting rooms can present a fully interactive experience for customers, it can show other available colors, sizes, and what those might look like on you.